Pizza Shop Insurance
Pizza shops are popular places for customers to gather with friends, family and co-workers. As the owner of a pizza shop, you’re tasked with providing tasty products in an inviting atmosphere, so that your customers will continue visiting your shop time and time again. Pizza shop owners have the added responsibility of making sure their customers, employees and business are safe from potential everyday hazards and random unexpected events. Provide the best level of protection by selecting the right types of business insurance.
General liability coverage is a broad level of business insurance that can protect you from a variety of risks and hazards. It provides protection against liability for customer accidents as well as litigation that might arise from your advertisements among other things.
General Liability Insurance Includes:
- Premises Liability - Premises liability insurance protects you when things go wrong for customers at your pizza shop. If a customer trips on a bulge in a floor rug inside your shop for example, they may suffer injuries from the fall. Premises liability will pay for the doctor or hospital bills that arise from those injuries. Likewise it will pay for repairs and replacements if a customer’s personal property is damaged while on your business premises.
- Products Liability - Businesses that manufacture, sell or distribute products are always at risk of being liable if a product is found defective. When defective products cause harm or injury to a customer, that customer may sue your pizza shop for damages and suffering. Product liability insurance pays for those damages and helps pay for related legal defense fees if needed.
- Completed Operations - Completed operations insurance works similar to product liability coverage. When you provide services to your customers and complete the job, problems may arise in the future from the work that you completed. If those problems cause physical harm or property damages your completed operations insurance will pay for the damages.
Business Owners Policy
A business owners policy (BOP) is additional business insurance that includes general liability. The additional coverage options can be customized to meet your pizza shop’s needs. The coverage options are designed to provide you with protection against losses of physical and intangible business assets. Examples include:
- Buildings and Contents
- Business Income and Extra Expense
- Electronic Data
- Newly Acquired or Constructed Buildings
- Employee Dishonesty Coverage
Business auto insurance is important coverage for a pizza shop, particularly if you provide pizza delivery services. If you or an employee is involved in an auto accident while driving for business purposes, your auto insurance policy can pay for property damages and bodily injuries.
Workers comp is business insurance that you are required to carry by law. It provides protection for your employees if they are ever involved in a work related accident. Workers compensation coverage pays for emergency medical care, ongoing rehabilitation expenses, and any other medical services deemed necessary for recovery.
Commercial umbrella coverage is business insurance for when things go much worse than expected. It picks up coverage when your other business insurance policies have reached their maximum payout.