Parking Lots And Garages
QUOTE AND SAVE NOW!
Tailored coverage for commercial Lots & garages
Insurance For Parking Lots And Garages
Owning a parking lot or garage is an excellent way to make an income. Your garage can be staffed with employees or completely automated so that the income is passive. Even with a fairly automated business however, there are still a variety of responsibilities and tasks you have to stay on top of. And with so many customers using your parking lots and garages each day, there is a risk of problems arising. Protect your business by making sure you have the right types of business insurance.
General liability insurance is important for high traffic businesses like yours. This business insurance focuses on protecting your company from financial losses while also protecting your customers from harm. General liability provides broad coverage for a variety of potential risks and hazards. It also grows with your company so that new parking lots and garages are automatically covered when you add them.
General Liability Insurance Includes:
- Premises Liability - Premises liability is a key area of coverage for busy parking lots and garages. This insurance protects your company from the financial strain that can be caused when customers sue your company because they were injured while on your business premises. This coverage pays for medical bills when someone is physically injured, and it pays for repairs when someone’s personal property is damaged at your business location as well.
- Products Liability - Products and advertising liability helps protect you when problems arise due to products you sell, or your advertising practices. Your parking lot and garage company may run a magazine advertisement for example, that brings a lawsuit by a customer or competitor with a claim of defamation or slander. Products and advertising liability helps pay your legal defense fees and can pay settlements, damages and related expenses.
- Completed Operations - Completed operations coverage protects you from lawsuits that arise due to services you have already rendered. If, for example, you have a security guard on staff at your parking garage and a customer’s car is stolen, the customer may sue your company. Completed operations coverage can pay for your litigation expenses and pays customer damages, settlements and related expenses.
Business Owners Policy
General liability insurance is included in a business owners policy, or BOP. A BOP provides you with direct protection for your business assets. It protects physical assets such as your parking garage structure, and intangible assets such as specialized computer security software. This insurance is customizable, which mean you only pay for the specific coverage options you need. Options include:
- Buildings and Contents
- Business Income and Extra Expense
- Electronic Data
- Newly Acquired or Constructed Buildings
- Employee Dishonesty Coverage
If you or your employees drive for business purposes, there is the chance that someone will be involved in an auto accident. Business auto insurance protects your company when auto accidents happen. It can pay for physical injuries and property damages, plus additional levels of coverage can protect your vehicles from losses due to theft or damages caused by natural events.
Workers comp insurance is required by law in most states. This insurance protects your garage employees if they are ever injured on the job. It pays for their medical expenses, recovery costs and related bills.
Umbrella insurance can give your company extra protection. If your other business insurance policies reach their maximum limitations on a claim, your umbrella policy can take care of the difference.