Lawn & Garden Contractors
QUOTE AND SAVE NOW!
We put our strength to work for you
Business Insurance For Lawn & Garden Contractors
Landscapers are excellent businesses to own for people who enjoy being active, traveling locally, and meeting new people. Keeping track of business can be hectic, particularly when you have a lot of clients to service on a regular basis. Don’t risk losing everything you’ve worked so hard for by neglecting to carry the right types of business insurance.
General Liability Policy
$34 A Month
General liability is a broad level of business insurance coverage that’s designed to protect your landscaping company from financial stress caused by accidents. It primarily focuses on protecting your customers so that your company is protected too. General liability grows as your landscaper business does, so that when you add new job sites, products or services they are automatically protected from the start.
General Liability Insurance Includes:
- Premises Liability - Premises liability coverage helps protect you and your clients around your work site, or on your business property. When tools, machinery, cords and other tools of your trade are strung around a working area there is the chance that someone can hurt themselves. If a client sustains injuries that require medical care, your premises liability insurance will pay those bills.
- Products Liability - Landscapers commonly sell products to their clients and walk in customers. People may buy fertilizer, weed killer and other types of products from your company. If property arise from those products that cause physical harm or property damages however, your customers may sue your company for the damages. Product liability coverage helps pay the bills that arise while also providing you with the funds for legal recourse.
- Completed Operations - After you finish providing landscaping services for your customers, they may later feel that your services caused them harm. If they sue your company, your completed operations insurance can help pay for your legal defense costs as well as pay damages, settlements and awards.
Business Owners Policy
General liability insurance is included in a business owners policy, or BOP. A BOP provides you with direct protection for your business assets. This insurance is customizable, and can include coverage for tangible or intangible business assets, such as your lawn care equipment or your company payroll. Coverage options include:
- Buildings and Contents
- Business Income and Extra Expense
- Electronic Data
- Newly Acquired or Constructed Buildings
- Employee Dishonesty Coverage
Business Auto Policy
Landscapers drive frequently from one client’s location to another. Increased driving brings increased risks of auto accidents. Business auto insurance protects your company when auto accidents happen. It can pay for physical injuries and property damages, plus additional levels of coverage can protect your vehicles from losses due to theft or damages caused by natural events.
Workers Comp Policy
Your landscaping company employees must be covered with workers comp insurance. This is mandated by law in most states. This insurance pays for the employee’s medical bills and expenses if they are ever injured on the job.