Grocery Stores & Delis
Quote And Save NOW!
Coverages Customized To The Risks You Face
Insurance For Grocery Stores & Delis
Owning a grocery store allows you to give back to your community. You fill a basic human need. A lot of planning and organization goes into starting and running a grocery store. Don’t put your business at risk by forgetting one of your most important assets: Business insurance.
General liability is extremely important for small businesses that have a lot of traffic in and out like your grocery store does. This comprehensive insurance helps protect your store from legal liability and the expenses that go with various hazards, accidents and unexpected events. For example, if a customer slips on spilled milk in your store and must visit the doctor or hospital for her injuries, general liability will help pay those damages. It can also protect you from potential product liability suits and settlements, or claims against your store advertising.
Business Owners Policy (bop)
Business owners insurance is particularly useful for small businesses like yours because it can be tailored to fit your specific needs. It includes general liability coverage, and can also protect your tangible and intangible business property and assets.
- Equipment Breakdown – A BOP can pay for the cost of replacing or repairing critical business equipment when it breaks down.
- Buildings and Contents – A BOP protects your company from having to deal with the expenses involved in losing your physical business structures. Protection can include the business structures themselves, improvements you’ve made to them, outdoor physical assets and contents inside of your structure such as furnishings.
- Business Income and Extra Expense – When your business is hit by a big enough event it may have to stay closed during repairs or rebuilding. This lost income can be provided for through a business owners policy.
- Products and Completed Operations (Included in General Liability) – A BOP can protect you from the legal expenses, settlements and claims that can arise due to faulty products you sell.
- Electronic Data – If your grocery store keeps most of its records computerized, losing them to a power surge or computer virus could be financially devastating.
- Newly Acquired or Constructed Buildings – When you’re ready to grow and expand your business, a BOP can automatically provide coverage for your new structures.
- Employee Dishonesty Coverage – Running a grocery store means you have a lot of people going in and out each day. If things are busy enough, employees may be tempted to sneak away with merchandise or cash without being caught. This type of employee dishonesty can be quite expensive for your store, so protect it from those losses with your BOP.
If you use automobiles for business purposes, you need business auto insurance. Whether you have company owned delivery vehicles or you occasionally travel in your personal vehicle for business purposes, there is always a risk of accidents. Commercial auto insurance can cover the cost of damages or loss of the auto involved, and cover the medical expenses of any persons involved in the accident.
In each state of the country, the law states that you must carry workers comp insurance. This coverage helps protect your employees if they were to become sick or injured from work. Workers comp covers the employees medical expenses and can provide for temporary or permanent disability as needed.