Clothing Repair & Alterations
Quote And Save Now!
Count On Us To Protect The Things That Mean The Most
Clothing Repair & Alterations Business Insurance
Clothing repair and alteration businesses are unique in today’s modern consumer society. Your clientele has unique tastes and expect a certain level of service from your company. As the owner of the clothing repair store, it is your job to handle the day-to-day business operations while also making your customer’s feel special every step of the way. Don’t risk losing all of your hard work and effort to unexpected events and accidents. Instead, make sure you are protected with the right types of business insurance.
General liability is an all-around general level of protection for your company and your customers. This insurance grows with your clothing repair shop so that you are automatically protected when you add new services or locations.
General Liability Insurance Includes:
- Premises Liability - Premises liability is the section of your general liability policy that protects you from legal action when customers hurt themselves in your clothing repair store, or on property own by your company. If a customer is injured, this insurance pays for the medical care they require and related follow-up care. It also protects you when a customer’s personal property is damaged at your business, because it pays for any needed repairs.
- Products Liability - When you make or sell products to your customers, you are at risk of future legal action because of those products. If the customer sustains an injury from products you’ve sold, or if their personal property is damaged in some way, your clothing repair and alteration shop will have to pay for the damages or injuries. Products liability covers those expenses for you. It can also provide you with the means to pay for legal defenses and settlements.
- Completed Operations - After you have completed an operation ordered by your customer, such as finishing the clothing alterations they requested, there is a chance that problems will arise in the future. If your customer feels you have caused them injury, suffering or damages from the services you provided, your completed operations insurance can pay related settlements or judgments and damages.
Business Owners Policy
A business owners policy includes general liability along with other business insurance protection. Protection in a BOP is focused on your tangible and intangible business assets. Depending upon the options you choose, you can have business insurance for a variety of things. Examples include:
- Buildings and Contents
- Business Income and Extra Expense
- Electronic Data
- Newly Acquired or Constructed Buildings
- Employee Dishonesty Coverage
Business auto insurance protects your clothing repair and alterations shop from financial hardships caused by auto accidents. If you or an employee are involved in an accident while driving for work related reasons, this insurance pays for medical bills, property repairs and other business specific issues.
Workers comp is a business insurance that is mandated by law in most states. This coverage pays for any medical bills that arise for your employees if they are hurt while doing their job.
Commercial umbrella coverage provides you with additional business insurance above and beyond the limits of your standard business policies.