Sign Makers & Manufacturers
QUOTE AND SAVE NOW!
SAFEGUARD YOUR PEACE-OF-MIND AND WHAT MATTERS TO YOU THE MOST
Sign Makers & Manufacturers
Sign makers and manufacturer businesses may focus on providing goods and services to other commercial businesses, direct to consumers, or both. Depending upon how your specific company is structured, you may have regular contact with customers who come into a retail location or you may have occasional contact only. No matter how infrequently they visit your company, part of your job is to ensure the safety and security of all people involved in your workplace. Protect your company, its employees and its customers by carrying the right levels of business insurance.
General liability insurance is an all-around broad level of business protection. It is designed to protect you from financial losses caused by accidents to your customers or their property, while also protecting you from problems with your products, advertising and services. General liability grows as your company grows so that you can be assured that new products and services are always covered from the start. Some of the primary aspects of general liability business insurance include:
General Liability Insurance Includes:
- Premises Liability - Premises liability coverage protects your company from financial losses that arise when a customer is hurt while visiting your sign making company. If customers visit your manufacturing facilities to view your sign maker process for example, and they are injured when their clothing is snagged in a piece of machinery, the premises liability portion of your general liability policy will pay for their medical repair bills.
- Products Liability - As a sign maker and manufacturer there is always the possibility that one of the products you make may be defective. If the product defect causes harm or injury to one of your customers, that customer may sue for the damages or pain and suffering. Products liability pays for your legal defenses, pays for the customer’s medical expenses or suffering, and pays for legal settlements as well.
- Completed Operations - Completed operations coverage is the section of your general liability insurance that protects you from problems that arise after you have completed a service for your customers. For instance, if a customer hires you to make a sign for them and then install it on their premises and afterwards it is found that the installation process caused damage to the customer’s electrical system, your completed operations coverage can pay for those damages.
Business Owners Policy
General liability insurance is included in another type of small business insurance known as a BOP, or business owners policy. This coverage focuses on providing your sign making company with protection against losses and damages to your tangible or intangible business assets. You can tailor your BOP coverage to meet your specific needs. Examples of coverage options include:
- Buildings and Contents
- Business Income and Extra Expense
- Electronic Data
- Newly Acquired or Constructed Buildings
- Employee Dishonesty Coverage
Business auto insurance is important coverage for sign makers and manufacturers, particularly if you offer delivery services to your customers. With business auto insurance, if you or an employee is involved in an auto accident while driving for business purposes, your coverage will pay for injuries to people and damages to property.
Workers comp is required coverage by law when you have employees working at your sign manufacturing facility. This business insurance pays for an employee’s medical expenses if they are ever injured on the job.
Umbrella coverage provides you with extra protection. If you reach the maximum claim limits on your other business insurance policies, commercial umbrella can provide you with additional coverage.