QUOTE AND SAVE NOW!
Your Business Is Unique Your Insurance Should Reflect That
Insurance For Nail Salons
Nail salons are hubs of activity. Whether you specialize in providing manicure and pedicure services to wedding parties or you open your doors to walk-ins, you have a lot of important details to track and coordinate. Don’t risk losing all of the time, effort and money you have already invested in your business. Protect your nail salon with the right types of commercial business insurance.
General liability insurance is a solid, all around broad level of protection against unexpected events and problems. General liability can protect you if a customer hurts themselves while in your salon. It can protect you from having to pay damages if a customer’s property is damaged while on the premises as well. General liability also provides protection for advertising or product liability and losses due to natural disasters or catastrophes.
Business Owners Policy (bop)
While a general liability policy expands to cover anything that is not specifically excluded from your policy, a business owners insurance policy provides protection for specific assets and property. A business owners insurance policy, or BOP, can also be tailored to provide you with only the coverage you need for your specific business structure.
- Equipment Breakdown – A BOP can provide protection against unexpected equipment failures. For example, if your air conditioning fails during a heat wave, the BOP will pay for repairs or replacement so that you don’t have to.
- Buildings and Contents – A BOP can protect you from expenses that come around when your building or the physical assets inside are damaged or destroyed. Whether a wind storm tears off the roof or a flood ruins your carpeting, your BOP can pay for the repairs.
- Business Income and Extra Expense – If a disaster strikes that causes you to have to close your business temporarily, your BOP can cover lost income as well as additional expenses that might arise.
- Products and Completed Operations (Included In General Liability) – Occasionally you may find that products you have sold to a customer harmed them in some way. Alternatively, there are risks that a customer can be harmed by the services you provided to them. For example, the nail polish remover you use on a client might cause a severe allergic reaction that requires medical care. A BOP can cover these potential liabilities for you.
- Electronic Data – Computerized customer records, electronic scheduling, and specialty nail design software. All of these are examples of electronic data that modern day nail salons keep. When these files are damaged or destroyed it can be expensive and time consuming to recover everything.
- Valuable Papers Protection – If your nail salon keeps critical business paperwork in physical form, a BOP can protect you from the expenses involved with replacing them if they’re damaged or destroyed.
- Employee Dishonesty Coverage – If an employee takes money from your salon’s cash register, slips supplies into their bag to take home, or gives supplies and services to their family or friends at no cost, this costs your nail salon money. A BOP can protect you from the extensive potential costs that result from these and similar dishonest actions.
Your salon is a well-oiled machine that depends on having multiple professionals available to service clients. As an employer you are required by law to provide workers comp insurance to your employees. This coverage helps pay their medical and related bills if they are ever injured or made ill from performing their work duties.