broad portfolio of auto products
QUOTE AND SAVE NOW!
Understanding Coverage for Truck Owners
BUCKET TRUCK INSURANCE
A bucket truck is sometimes called a cherry picker or a basket crane truck. It features a long arm that is designed for an employee to stand from. Sometimes the worker’s standing area has a basket or boom lift on it for safety. These trucks are used in a variety of commercial applications. Companies that own and use bucket trucks include electrical contractors and telecommunications businesses.
A bucket truck is a large capital investment for your company. The last thing you need to have happen is damages or destruction from auto accidents and other common hazardous events. Paying for damages out of your own company funds might be difficult or even impossible at times, but we can help you mitigate those risks with the right types of commercial auto insurance. Here is the type of protection you should carry on your company’s bucket trucks:
Liability Insurance – Liability insurance combines bodily injury and property damage protection benefits. It pays those benefits to the other party involved when your bucket truck is at fault in an auto accident. If your truck hits another vehicle while turning a street corner for example, and the accident is considered to be your driver’s fault, liability insurance will pay for the injury and damage bills.
- Bodily Injury - Bodily injury is insurance protection for physical harm brought to another person. When your truck causes and accident that results in physical injuries to other people, those people will require medical care. Bodily injury pays for the emergency care, follow up medical treatment, prescription medications, rehabilitation and more. It also pays for funeral expenses when necessary, and can pay for lost wages or pain and suffering.
- Property Damage – The property damage section of your liability insurance policy pays to repair or replace property that was damaged by your truck in an accident.
Medical Payments – Medical payments insurance pays for the cost of medical bills, emergency care and related expenses for the people who were in your company truck at the time of the accident. The bucket truck driver is covered in addition to any passengers who were riding with him. Medical payments insurance pays benefits regardless of who is at fault in an accident, but it is not available in all areas. Contact one of our licensed representatives to determine if this coverage is available for your business trucks.
Physical Damage Insurance – Physical damages insurance pays for the cost of repairing or replacing your bucket truck if it is subjected to harm. The types of things your insurance policy covers depends on the type of physical damages insurance you select. The three options are as follows:
- Comprehensive Physical Damage Protection – Comprehensive damage protection covers almost anything aside from a collision or a roll-over incident. This type of commercial insurance is particularly useful for any company that still has a lien or loan against their truck, and companies that lease their trucks because it provides the most amount of protection possible. Examples of things comprehensive coverage protects you from include: vandalism, theft, and weather related incidents such a hail and falling tree limbs.
- Collision Damage Protection – Collision damage protection pays when your truck is damaged due to overturning or collisions. Collisions include things like hit and run accidents, or impacting a building, mailbox or telephone pole.
- Specified Peril (CAC) – Specified Peril is also known as Theft and Fire with Combined Additional Coverage (CAC). This is a limited form of non-collision insurance that protects you from only those events that are specified on your insurance policy.
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist - Uninsured motorists are people who drive vehicles that are not covered by any form of auto insurance. Underinsured motorists are people who drive vehicles that carry very minimal liability insurance. Minimal insurance may not be enough to cover the cost of repairs to an expensive vehicle such as your company’s bucket truck. You can protect yourself from these losses with an uninsured or underinsured motorist policy. This insurance pays for the damages to your truck when the other driver is at fault but is unable to pay all or some of the damages.
- Bodily Injury - As noted Above
- Property Damage - As noted above
- Collision Deductible Waiver (CDW) - When your insurance must pay for the damages caused by an auto accident that you were not at fault for, you should not have to pay your insurance deductible. When you carry uninsured/underinsured motorist bodily injury coverage, you can also qualify for a collision deductible waiver, or CDW.
Other Important Commercial Auto Insurance for BUCKET TRUCK:
- Rental – If your truck is out of commission due to repairs, your insurance policy can pay for the cost of a temporary rental.
- Towing – This coverage is designed to protect you in case your vehicle is in accident and can not be driven away or you have mechanical breakdown and you need to tow away the truck.
- Accessories - The equipment that you install in or on your company bucket trucks is valuable by itself. Protect accessories such as communications radios and GPS navigational equipment by adding accessories protection to your commercial auto insurance policy.